Monday, December 21, 2015

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken


FIC BRA
Science Fiction

This book is a good example of "What was I thinking for not having read this one before?" I had it in my hands about a year ago and started it, but I never finished it. There is a group of girls at my school that swore that this was the best book they have ever read, and they encouraged me to buy the entire series so that they could read them all. I loved their passion for the books and finally picked it up to take home for our Christmas break. Wow!

There was so much going on in the book. At times, I felt like it was trying too hard, but then I would get sucked into the newest part of the plot and realize that it was NOT trying too hard. It just needed to go there to make the story even better. This will definitely be one that I will recommend to all the kids coming into the library asking for more of the dystopian/scifi stuff they seem to be craving right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment