Friday, April 3, 2015

Never Be Afraid to Tweet Authors!

So, the other day, I tweeted out this picture of our March Madness contest.


When I did it, I tagged most of the authors of the books that are still in the contest.  I love it when they retweet my stuff and favorite it!  These are the rock stars of my world, and when they actually acknowledge my presence, I think it's pretty cool.  Anyway . . . a couple of them tweeted back to me that they are so happy to be included among such great books.  And (duh duh duuuhhh) one of them looked up my email address and asked if she could come speak to the students!!  

Lissa Price, the author of Starters and Enders, might just be coming to see us in May!  I am still working out the details, but this could happen!!  I'll let you know when I know more.

The point of this little story is that you should reach out to people through Twitter and Instagram.  Look up the authors' handle or username and ask them about their books.  You could even just send a quick message about how much you liked their book.  It doesn't matter.  One of my teacher friends tagged an author on Instagram and her kids got to meet her through a Skype visit.  They love it when people reach out to them.  You never know what could happen!

I'll let you know more about Lissa Price's visit!  (Hint:  I will probably only open it up to the Reading Sprint participants, so go fill out a form!)

No comments:

Post a Comment