Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Shattering Glass by Gail Giles


Summary
When Rob and his friends decide to make the school laughing stock into one of the class favorites, the whole school is in for a shock.  Simon turns the tables on everyone and turns them all into victims - including himself.

My Impressions
This book was set up in an interesting way. I didn't realize it until about halfway into the book, but I was reading the falling action and resolution at the beginning of every chapter through the use of interview-like quotes from the main characters. Frankly, I probably wouldn't have finished the book if it weren't for those quotes. I didn't like any of the characters and I felt like none of them acted like real high school aged kids. 

When I reached the end of the book, there was such a let down in wrapping it all up that I had to go back and read the quotes at the beginning of each chapter again. It gave me a sense of closure to the events that happened at the end of the book. I was so intrigued by the structure of this story. I've never seen anything like it. I hated the characters, I didn't think the actions were realistic, but Giles did a good job of keeping just enough mystery in it to keep me reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment